Monday, March 15, 2010

Need to read this as it hit's the spot.....

When everybody get's a government check everyone supports the government in order to keep their check. Nothing can stop the snowball of debt that crushes every empire to date. If anyone gets in the way because they are perceived to change the status quo they are laughed off the national stage.

Ask Ross Perot, Pat Buchanan, Ralph Nader,Sarah Palin, etc. Not exactly an accident, hmm?

Does anybody ACTUALLY believe we can change the destiny of this crippled empire? I wish I could... | Ron Paul 2012 | Campaign for Liberty at the Daily Paul
I am a finance and economics major at Florida State University and I work as a bagger at Publix SuperMarkets in Tallahassee, Florida. Publix is an average grocery store chain in the southeast. I got to look at my store's financial statements (the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flows statements). My store does about a million dollars a week in business (revenue). Out of that million dollars, four hundred thousand, or 40% of that is directly from the Federal Government in the form of food stamps. I can't even guess what the percentage would be if you included money from social security and every other government handout. Very few people at my store pay for their own food with their OWN saved money. This is the utmost demonstration of DEPENDENCE that I have ever witnessed. Not only for the 'poor' people, but Publix and every other government-subsidized grocery stores.

What I honestly see the most is that the person will pull out their food stamp card (which ironically has a giant U.S flag on it, giving the impression that you are entitled to food stamps as an American which you aren't) and pay for an assortment of high grade foods such as steak, chicken filets, premium spices and sauces, steamed spicy shrimp, crab legs, full subs from the deli. Food that people on a tight fiscal budget should ABSOLUTELY NOT be purchasing. After that is done, they will whip out a wad of cash and pay for the 2 cases of Miller High Life that the food stamps won't cover. This infuriates me so much as I bag their groceries they bought with my tax dollars with a smile on my face. Sometimes I think bad thoughts and am glad that these people will be unprepared for the true crisis that awaits them.


No comments: