Monday, November 14, 2005

Multiblog with Wordpress...How to....

It seems that many of you are curious about how to "multiblog". Or simply have more than one blog to write to. Currently I run 6 different ones. Even though I have a Livejournal site,  and a Blogspot, I prefer to host my own on the server that hosts my domain, ThunderEyez.com. Now many times the post on these sites are the same, I need to catch as many eyeballs as possible to generate an audience (most people stumble on to a blog they like by accident or by track back url), but the idea is to catch "eyeballs". If interested, here's how I do it.

  1.  I got my own domain and webhost at Godaddy.com, for under $20.
  2. Then I downloaded a fresh copy of Wordpress
  3. From there I extracted the zip file to my desktop.
  4. then we open the file wp-config.sample with notepad (on windows desktop)

it will look like this:

<?php
// ** MySQL settings ** //
define('DB_NAME', 'wordpress');     // The name of the database
define('DB_USER', 'username');     // Your MySQL username
define('DB_PASSWORD', 'password'); // ...and password
define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');     // 99% chance you won't need to change this value

// Change the prefix if you want to have multiple blogs in a single database.
$table_prefix  = 'wp_';   // example: 'wp_' or 'b2' or 'mylogin_'

// Change this to localize WordPress.  A corresponding MO file for the
// chosen language must be installed to wp-includes/languages.
// For example, install de.mo to wp-includes/languages and set WPLANG to 'de'
// to enable German language support.
define ('WPLANG', '');

/* Stop editing */

define('ABSPATH', dirname(__FILE__).'/');
require_once(ABSPATH.'wp-settings.php');
?>

Once this done we edit this file, save and upload it to Godaddy after creating a database for this installation. From there we can do it , with a deluxe hosting account, 25 times (25 blogs?) Here's what you do....

To be continued:

No comments: