Monday, April 18, 2011

The new truck and 5th wheel.....

If you don't plan for your retirement you don't get one! This wheeler is free and clear and as soon as I get Patti's car paid off I'm trading it for a larger, newer model with a washer-dryer combo and new generator. In the meantime we have a great camper for weekends and vacations around here.

More pictures as we clean her up.

The truck is a 2003 Ford F350 4x4 dually with the Lariat interior and all power options. I mean heated seats, mirrors, windows, locks 6 channel CD player, adjustable foot pedals, banks exhaust and 6 litre diesel engine. Of course 12.5 loaded and  16 miles to the gallon empty means we aint commuting with it but it will pull anything I can afford.

After a three day negotiations with a local dealer I got the truck for NADA book price, out the door, including tax and paperwork bullshit for 21350 at 72 mos. at 3.99% and $335 a month from my credit union . This price also includes gap insurance in case I total the truck and the insurance company doesn't pay it off.

 P.S I have $1000 deductible adding $255 a year for full coverage on both units so I'm good for the whole pay off!

Oh yea, we got the 5th wheel thrown in free and clear as diesel model is a pain in the ass to sell right now! But instead of selling you trade up and let somebody else worry about it.

Not that Patti would give me the title to do that, LOL!





No comments: