Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Government is the problem.....

With a withering away of the middle class I figure the Empire will finally have to retrench and come back to the states.

Remember, it's the middle class who make it possible for the governments to maintain this whole house of cards.

I wonder if Reagan read Rothbard?
Sobran's --- The Reluctant Anarchist

Murray’s view of politics was shockingly blunt: the state was nothing but a criminal gang writ large. Much as I agreed with him in general, and fascinating though I found his arguments, I resisted this conclusion. I still wanted to believe in constitutional government.

Murray would have none of this. He insisted that the Philadelphia convention at which the Constitution had been drafted was nothing but a “coup d’etat,” centralizing power and destroying the far more tolerable arrangements of the Articles of Confederation. This was a direct denial of everything I’d been taught. I’d never heard anyone suggest that the Articles had been preferable to the Constitution! But Murray didn’t care what anyone thought — or what everyone thought. (He’d been too radical for Ayn Rand.)


No comments: