Saturday, January 05, 2013

I thought we had to balance the budget and make cuts?...

Oh my bad. Only Social Security and Medicare is a problem, right? I'm glad I'm not a Republican running for office on that platform.

House leaders pledge to vote on Sandy aid bill amid bipartisan complaints over delay | Fox News

Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., who earlier in the day lambasted party leaders for the move, reported after a closed-door meeting with the speaker that they were told the House would vote Friday on a $9 billion flood insurance measure, followed by a vote on a $51 billion aid bill Jan. 15.  "As far as I'm concerned, I think I can speak for all of the members of the New York and New Jersey delegations, it was an extremely positive meeting," King said.  Boehner and House Republican Leader Eric Cantor affirmed the plan in a written statement, saying: "Getting critical aid to the victims of Hurricane Sandy should be the first priority in the new Congress, and that was reaffirmed today with members of the New York and New Jersey delegations."  While the decision still punts a vote until the next session, which starts Thursday, the meeting appeared to calm tensions in the party. King was among the most vocal in his complaints, earlier calling the decision to put off a vote a "disgrace" and "immoral."

No comments: