Friday, December 31, 2010

The answer to health care...

Health Saving Accounts. Trust me I know that these work. I found out the hard way last Easter. but as far as I can tell I don't really believe reform is wanted. I just think it's hot air coming out of Washington.

I have coverage from Walmart that covered my heart attack and had only $5000 in out of pocket. My supplemental policy paid the $5000. Insurance cost me about $17 a week and  Walmart chips in $20 bucks a month to the saving portion and I chip in $100. If i don't use the money by age 65 i get to spend it any way I want.

The only thing they didn't cover was a couple of thousand (out of $15000) for my Medivac bill. I now have a supplemental policy for Patti and I for $59 a year to cover that.

This plan would work for everybody if the clowns in Washington were serious but don't hold your breath!

No comments: